Erin and I had a ridiculous morning. FACT: the green monster drink recipe I mentioned in the last blog….DOES NOT TASTE GOOD THE NEXT MORNING. On my way to Axis I had a pumpkin spice flax bar to hold me over. Let’s go through the work out.
- Agility stuff (high knees and everything with my stick and a ball when we could) and some sprints with catching the ball and reacting as soon as I turn to come back
- Abs with my stick
- 1st set (3 sets): Shrugs (?) and 1 legged box jumps
- 2nd set (3 sets): Side lunges, pull ups, and one legged vertical jumps
- 3rd set(3 sets): Shoulder circuit (killer!!!!!!), Hip thrust things that work your hamstrings, med ball throws (my fav)
- Conditioning. A lot of sprinting and a lot of ground ball pick ups:
Photos courtesy of Erin, of course.
It is SO true that when you get tired you start to make mistakes. I was struggling. We finished well and I was dead tired but I felt accomplished which is what really matters.
I had another pumpkin spice bar on the way to school. For lunch I had more of the tacos from dinner last night. I also had some carrots.
After school I went to the WL girls basketball game and they won!!! I am so happy for them!! For dinner my dad, mom, Liz and I went to Bertuccis. The waitress brought these warm rolls, and I used my will power not to have any! My dad also told me not to so it might have been a combination of both 🙂 I got a small Margrethe Pizza with whole grain thin crust. I didn’t finish it (Ok…my dad took a big piece so I WOULDN’T eat all of it), and afterwards I felt kind of blah. Not the best choice in dinner but it could have been worse. Now I am pooped, and I am certain it has to do with the food. I think it’s interesting to really feel the effects eating certain foods can have on you. I know, now, not to eat pizza, even a some-what healthy kind.
That’s all for tonight…I am pretty tired!!